Jul 22, 2011
Raya Island : It’s about 20 kilometers south of Phuket (sometimes written Racha Island) There are 2 Islands Raya Yai and Raya Noy. The Racha yai (Yai is means big) this is where the accommodation of the two Islands is located. It is a real tropical paradise of clean, sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. There is a major attraction for snorkeling day trip from Phuket. Please see our one day tour details below. Racha Yai is much less crowded and quieter than the mass market Phuket snorkeling tour destinations due to the added distance and its unfamiliar name. Racha Yai (Raya Island) is famous for its crystal clear turquoise waters, colorful coral reefs teeming with marine life, and pristine powdery white sand beaches.
Example of Raya Yai Underwater Tour Itinerary
- 7.00-7.30am – Pick up from Hotel / Resort by air-conditioned van (Patong, Kata, and Karon – outside areas subject to additional charge)
- 8.15am – Safety Briefing at the Rawai Beach Landing before departing via Speedboat for Racha Yai.
- 8.30am – Depart via uncrowded speedboat to Racha Yai Island – 20 Kilometers South of Phuket.
- 9.30am – SNUBA Underwater Tour at one of Racha Yai’s spectacular coral reefs, snorkeling, swimming, and relaxing in the clear waters of the Andaman Sea.
- 12.30pm – Delicious Thai lunch overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Andaman Sea from a spectacular seaside restaurant.
- 1.30pm – Snorkeling, Swimming, Relaxing and Exploring the powdery White Sand Beaches of Racha Yai.
- 2:30pm – Depart Racha Yai for Phuket.
- 3.30pm – Return to Hotel / Resort by air-conditioned transport arrival at approx. 4.30pm